Monday, April 30, 2012

Good news on a story

But I'm going to be one of those mean bloggers and not reveal any details just yet. Don't you hate it when writers do that? Grrr.

What I can say about it is... I stepped somewhat out of the box. I had an interest in writing a certain type of story, set my mind to it and then did it. It was a good exercise of my creative mental muscle and I could have left it at that: an thought experiment not intended for further pursuit.

Except that I couldn't leave it alone.

I put the story through the honing and polish process, liked the final result and submitted it to a choice market. By now you've guessed that it got accepted, which thrills me to no end. It also raises some tough new questions for me and I'll have to expand on that when I finally reveal all the details.

So the point of this post is not really to tease you, just to encourage you to step out of your cozy writer's box every now and then. It's part of your overall journey and who knows what new destinations it could open up.

No comments: